Sunday 14 September 2008

The ex torlly dolly and the BENDY BUS nightmare!

OK. So the weekend is over..so damn quickly! I went to Nottingham to spend some time with some lovely important people in my life. Had a great time and can’t wait to see them again. Anyway I’m coming home from a great weekend and I get to Liverpool Street station. London Underground have decided to take up tracks on a busy weekend (which makes no sense to me cos weekends are ALWAYS busy) so I have to get to sunny Stratford station. Fine by me…then I decide I need to get a bus to get home. I go out the station and hey presto there’s a number 25 bus waiting for me..I run (i don’t usually run for transport but i wanted to get home) and jump on what is a rather busy bus..I’m standing by the doors of this stupidly bendy bus! then we stop at a bus stop…the doors open…and a rather BIG family decide to BARGE their way through onto the bus…and when I say barge I mean barge!

A woman was getting off the bus with a buggy, yet they insisted on pushing and pushing..and LAUGHING about it! The wife pushed into me.Now I know sometimes you can’t help bumping into people, but whatever you do..DO NOT PUSH ME!!! I gave this woman and her husband the dirtiest possible look so that they got the message…she looks away..then does it AGAIN! So I said to the husband “Am I invisible?” to which he just looked at me and giggled. It was like this for A LOT of the journey…to the point where i decided I’d be better off walking to Ilford and save my humility!

Why am I telling you this story??? Well..i’m an ex trolley dolly (flight attendant to you Americans)..I’m used to organised seats and gliding down the aisles…I’m used to aluminium tubes…NOW KEN IF YOU’RE READING THIS, LISTEN CAREFULLY…BENDY BUSES ARE USELESS!! Public transport is a NIGHTMARE! I am rather misanthropic (as is a very dear friend of mine so he will feel my pain!)..yet Ken, you don’t seem to take us misanthropic people into consideration!!! Maybe I am turning into a miserable old man before my time, but personally I CAN’T BARE THE PUBLIC (unless they're irresistably gorgeous men :D)

I pay bloody good money in tax to “IMPROVE” our transport system and I don’t see why I, who was born and bred in this country (as well as my parents) should have to suffer at the hands of naive people! It just ain’t on mate!! Moan OVER :D

No comments: