Saturday 13 September 2008

Dating Diary is now open....


So I've sat here today thinking about people I've gone out on dates with (there aren't that many honestly!) I think the majority was just for fun, but there are two or three guys that were shall we say "serious"...although for me to go on a date with anyone, I guess there was some kind of potential between us. Looking back though...for most of them..what was I thinking???!!

Friends have said to me "Oh you're going on the rebound." You know the one. Go out on a date just to prove to the last guy you dated that you can get anyone..or to just distance yourself completely from him. You think of all the things he used to do (stupid things like he farts or he burps) just for an excuse to hate him! I haven't done it for a while (mainly cos I haven't dated to god knows how long). But the last time I did it, it was me buying into shallowness and the power of face value.

So i started talking to my friend about it over a few sherry's and it wasn't until then that I thought to myself..whoever it is up there who has an influence on my relationships, must REALLY not like me! Cos either a) They want to be "just friends" or b) They are NOTHING like they seemed before I met them! This is going to sound so big headed, but sometimes, I think it's my maturity that scares them off. I'm young...definitely. I look it too. But my mind is on another level, and I seriously think that some men get scared off by the fact someone my age can be as mature as I am. Baring in mind that I usually always go for older men too. I can't do younger guys or guys my age. They just haven't got the same kind of depth as I would like and they're like kids anyway.

I have a friend who is like the boyfriend I never had. I am both physically and mentally attracted to him. Yes he is older, but he has inspired me in ways I can not describe. In fact, if it wasn't for him, this blog wouldn't be here now. He inspired me to write (as rubbish as I may be at it)! And superficially. Well..SEX ON LEGS is all I can say. Think I'm going weak at the knees just thinking about it! Apparently he feels the same way about me, but the problem is he has a bf...so there's no chance of that happening anytime soon! If I knew he was going to become single anytime soon..I would wait wait and wait to have him to myself!!

Anyway! Since I can't see into the future and I don't really want to see my friend go through bad break ups, I've decided to open up my "dating diary" and start filling it up! I've not dated for so so long so this should be pretty interesting! Maybe I should practice on my friend!

I've decided I need to put myself out there as it were. Maybe through the use of dating sites. But I have no idea which one. I like a masculine man, but also partial to a pretty boy. In other words, I'm not fussy! So I'm using the following websites!

Fitlads
Adam4Adam
Gaydar
Manhunt

And if you fancy being one of my guinea pigs for my dating practice, leave a comment, telling me what we'd do on our date. Best idea gets to MEET ME!! (not)

I have NO idea how well it's going to go, but I will most DEFINITELY keep you posted!

No comments: